Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Back to School Monster Cookies

HOLY COW! It's been since JANUARY? You've GOT to be kidding! Well, will you guys, you few followers, keep me on my toes about posting? Please and thank you.

Well, school starts tomorrow, and that's got me thinking about things. This is going to be the year, like I say EVERY year, that I have fresh cookies for the kids after school. This is the year where they get fantastic lunches and they eat everything without complaining (not that I'd hear the complaint at school anyway). This is the year I really complete my transformation to SUPERMOM!

Now that the twins are starting all-day kindergarten, I can maybe keep my house clean? MAYBE?! If nothing else, I'll be able to get back to all the baking I used to do and enjoy my kitchen a little more frequently.

As for this post, my friend Leslie gave me a wonderful Monster Cookie recipe. We're starting a moms of preschoolers group at our church, and THIS is the go home treat for the first one. It's called m&m - for "mommy and me". If you can't make it this Friday, the 10th of Sept, then make these yummy big batch cookies for yourself! By the way, that IS lb's and there is no flour in this recipe. :)

Happy Monstering!

Les's Monster Cookies

1 c butter
2 c sugar
1 lb brown sugar
6 eggs
1 1/2 lb crunchy peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla
3 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 T maple syrup (real maple syrup please)
9 c quick oats
1 bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
14 oz plain m&m's

Preheat your oven to 350. In a VERY large bowl, cream together butter and both sugars. Mix in the eggs, peanut butter, vanilla, baking soda and maple syrup. Stir in the quick oats, mixing well. Stir int he chocolate chips and m&m's, making sure it's well combined.

Drop large cookies onto a baking sheet and bake for approximately 12 minutes. Remove from sheet to rack to cool. This recipe makes 6 dozen cookies! Great to make ahead and freeze!

No comments:

Post a Comment