Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Crock Pot Stew

Well, it's feeling like "Stew Weather" more and more these days. As I sat down to plan out this weeks meals, I had a hankering for stew AND didn't want to have to cook it when I got home from work at 6:30. I also had an overwhelming desire for Kettle Corn, but that's another story completely!

I ended up finding this great recipe for beef stew and tweaked it to my liking. I ALWAYS use those wonderful crock pot liners you find at the store too. They are a life saver! Hope you enjoy!

Crock Pot Beef Stew

3 potatoes, peeled and diced
2 carrots, cut into chunks
2 onions, cut into chunks
3 ribs of celery, sliced
2 lbs stew meat
2 c tomato juice
1 c water
1/3 c quick cooking tapioca, the small ones
1 T sugar
1 T salt
1 tsp garlic
1 tsp basil
1/2 tsp black pepper

Grease the crock pot and place the potatoes in the bottom. Top with raw meat chunks. Place the remaining vegetables on top of the meat. In a small bowl, mix together juice, water, tapioca and all the seasonings. Pour over the vegetables and meat mixture.

Cook on Low for 8-10 hours. Stir and enjoy!


2 comments:

  1. Hey I just browsed through your blog, I have to say that these recipes sound delicious, and your opening lines are quite entertaining. I am definitely going to have to try some of them on a weekend (which seems to be the only time I have time to think about cooking anything).
    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Chris! Yeah, I like stories to go along with my food. I'm a sentimental SAP and remember weird things about meals, etc. All tried and true recipes too. Let me know what you think! :)

    ReplyDelete