Sunday, September 19, 2010

Pork Chop Casserole

I LOVE casseroles!  There's something so homey and warm and inviting about an "all in one" meal, especially this time of year.  My friend Jen and I were baking biscotti and scones yesterday and I was already planning on making this casserole for dinner.  It's easy, tastes great and has those canned fried onions in it, so it's BOUND to be a winner!

I've made it a couple times before, and we've always loved it.  Jen said that I had to post it on my blog because, and I'm quoting of course, "I want this recipe and I'm too lazy to write it down.  Will you post it for me?"  What a good friend I am!  I'm totally posting this for you, my lazy friend Jen. :)

Pork Chops O'Brien

6-1/2 to 3/4 inch thick pork chops
1 T oil
1- 24 oz bag O'Brien hash browned potatoes, thawed
1 can cream of celery soup
1/2 c sour cream
1/2 c milk
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp seasoned salt
1 1/3 c fried onions from the can
1 c shredded cheddar cheese

Preheat the oven to 350.  In a frying pan, brown the pork chops in the oil on both sides and set aside.  In a large bowl, mix together the soup, sour cream, milk, pepper and seasoned salt.  Stir in the thawed potatoes, 1/2 cup of the cheese and 1 cup of the fried onions.  Make sure it's completely mixed.

Spread the potato mixture in a lightly greased 9x13 pan.  Lay the browned pork chops on top of the potato mixture.  Cover with foil and bake for 35 minutes.  Remove foil and top with the remaining cheese and fried onions.  Bake for another 5 minutes to melt the cheese.  Remove from the oven and enjoy all the gooey, cheesy, potatoey goodness!

2 comments:

  1. I love casseroles, too. Glad your blogging again.

    Fondly,
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Glenda! Me too. It's cleansing, even though it's only some goofy food recipes. :)

    ReplyDelete